In partnership with Labcorp
When you're making healthy choices, you just feel good. Whether you're keeping an eye on what you eat, tracking your steps and heart rate, riding your stationary bike, or all of the above, you know that staying fit reaps great rewards. Your clothes fit better, you like the way you look, and you feel strong.
But consider this: You may look good and feel good, but are you really good? Are you healthy from the inside out?
While a mirror shows what you look like on the outside, wellness testing offers an inner mirror to reveal what's happening on the inside.
Comprehensive Wellness Testing for Women and Men
While your primary care physician may be your best option, we also know that people are increasingly looking for different ways to engage in their health and wellness journey. Labcorp, a leading diagnostic testing company used by many doctors and hospitals, recently launched Labcorp OnDemand, enabling consumers to purchase their own health and wellness tests.
If you knew you had high cholesterol or were pre-diabetic, you would focus on lowering those levels. But how would you know without getting tested?
Whether you want to check your hormone levels, understand your risk for chronic diseases and conditions, or just embark on a healthier lifestyle, a comprehensive screening can be an essential tool to help you examine your health.
A Women's Health Blood Test or Men's Health Blood Test from Labcorp OnDemand, for instance, provides an assessment of overall health using tests typically ordered at an annual wellness visit.
Here's what these health packages include:
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel. This test measures 14 components in your blood that contribute to your overall health and provide information on the functioning status of your metabolism, liver, and kidneys.
- Complete Blood Count. This test counts the different types of cells that circulate in your blood, which can provide valuable information about your overall health. This may be useful to your doctor in detecting disorders such as anemia, inflammation, and infection.
- Routine Urine Analysis. This test examines the appearance, concentration, and content of urine, which can aid the detection of conditions, including urinary tract infections, kidney diseases, and diabetes.
- Cholesterol and Lipid Panel. This test measures the fatty substances used in the body as energy that contribute to heart health. The goal? To help assess your risk of heart disease.
- Diabetes Risk (HbA1c) Test. This test provides a measure of your average blood sugar level over an extended period (typically 8 to 12 weeks) and is a useful tool for detecting and/or monitoring diabetes and assessing your risk of developing diabetes.
- Total Testosterone Blood Test (for men). This test measures the total level of testosterone in the body, which is one of the factors responsible for regulating sex drive, bone mass, fat distribution, muscle mass, and production of red blood cells and sperm.
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) Test (for women). This test measures TSH, a hormone that stimulates the thyroid to produce two hormones that play a critical role in controlling the body's metabolism.
By evaluating your levels of key markers of health-also called biomarkers-and determining your risk for chronic diseases with a comprehensive health screening, you can maintain or even boost your overall wellness.
How Labcorp OnDemand Works
When it comes to health screening, you have more control, convenience, and choices than ever before. After all, access to health care is rapidly evolving, with innovative diagnostic advancements available right at your fingertips.
Here's how Labcorp OnDemand testing works:
- Choose your tests. Shop for tests and pay online with a credit card, HSA, or FSA. An independent physician will review and approve your test requests.
- Provide your sample. For in-person tests, take a photo ID and the requisition number emailed to you to one of 2,000 Labcorp locations across the US for sample collection. For home collection kits, use the detailed instructions provided to collect your own sample.
- Access your results online. View your results in your Labcorp OnDemand account. If the results require prompt attention, you will also be contacted by phone or mail.
Benefits of Labcorp OnDemand
Routine health tests can support your preventive care and provide early detection for diseases like cancer. Every test you take is one step closer to a healthier you-and when you improve your health, you improve your life.
Take a look at some of the key benefits of Labcorp OnDemand health tests:
- Self-directed. With Labcorp OnDemand, you can skip the doctor visit up front and order health tests yourself. The lab will handle your paperwork behind the scenes to get your request submitted quickly and efficiently.
- Plenty of choices. Labcorp OnDemand lets you choose from a suite of more than 30 health tests with the click of a button, including the comprehensive annual Women's Health Blood Test and Men's Health Blood Test. They also recently launched a Diabetes Risk Home Collection Test (HbA1c), PSA Test, and Fatigue Test. Whatever your health questions, answers are available.
- Trusted by doctors. Labcorp OnDemand tests are the same science-backed tests your physician orders-but now, you can get them on your own terms. It's easier than ever to purchase your own health test to keep up with routine preventive care.
- Easy payment options. Purchasing health tests online is quick and easy. You can pay with a credit card or use your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) dollars for almost all Labcorp OnDemand tests.
- Thousands of locations. With Labcorp OnDemand testing, you can choose from nearly 2,000 locations throughout the United States for sample collection. More than 400 of these patient service centers are Labcorp at Walgreens locations in a Walgreens store. With so many convenient lab locations, your health answers are never far from home.
- Expert testing at work or home. If you'd rather have someone come to your home or office for specimen collection, Getlabs for Labcorp has you covered. Starting at $35, a trained Getlabs phlebotomist will draw your labs and deliver them directly to Labcorp. No special trips required!
- Convenient at-home kits. Labcorp OnDemand also offers scientifically backed at-home collection kits, like the Diabetes Risk (HbA1c) At-Home Collection Test, Men's Rapid Fertility Test and Colorectal Cancer Test. These at-home tests make collecting your sample simple and convenient.
- Trusted results. Your samples will be tested in a Labcorp lab that is accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and certified by Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA). That means the lab meets the highest standards of accuracy and timeliness of test results.
Just like you look in the mirror to make sure your appearance is in order, you also need regular inner mirror checks to ensure your body is working as it should. With Labcorp OnDemand, you can get answers that lead to a healthier future.
Have you checked your inner mirror lately?