Tracy Olgeaty Gensler, M.S., RD
Tracy is a science writer and registered dietitian (RD) based in Chevy Chase, Maryland. She has a B.S. in clinical nutrition from Syracuse University (Let's Go Orange!) and an M.S. in nutrition education from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. She creates evidence-based content for books, the web and the popular press. She enjoys lifting weights and cardio and struggles with taking a rest day, but does it anyway.
Nutrition, disease prevention, food trends, dietary supplements and recipes.
- Contributed to over a dozen books, including two New York Times bestsellers
- Wrote two books, The Anti-Aging Fitness Prescription (co-author) and Probiotic and Prebiotic Recipes for Health
- Worked for Oprah trainer Bob Greene's TheBestLife.com. Wrote blogs, developed the database parameters for members to choose foods and meet their goals, and hosted an informational webcast featuring healthcare professionals.
- Adjunct Professor at American University where she teaches classes including Introduction to Nutrition, Life Cycle Nutrition, and Strategies in Weight Control.
- Chats with dietitians about cranberries and health at the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo.
- Provides medical writing support at Peloton Advantage - OPEN Health
- See more about Tracy on LinkedIn.
Most Recent Contributions by Tracy Olgeaty Gensler, M.S., RD
If you've tried a diet to lose weight, you are certainly not alone. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about ... Read More
Fruits and vegetables are some of the most nutrient-rich foods on the planet. But besides being nutritious, they are delicious. How about so ... Read More
Intuitive eating puts you in charge of what you eat and when you eat it. Sounds appealing, doesn't it? If you've ever gone on a diet, you pr ... Read More