During the 14th week of your pregnancy, your baby is growing and changing quickly. You're also growing, and it may be time to shop for a new maternity wardrobe.
Your Baby's Development
According to the Mayo Clinic, at week 14, your baby is about three and a half inches long and weighs around an ounce and a half. He or she is also making some big developmental strides this week, including the following:
- Your baby's neck and arms are growing longer.
- Your little one can also use his or her facial muscles to squint, frown, or grimace.
- He or she is beginning to practice inhaling and exhaling movements and may even be trying to suck his or her thumb.
- Your baby's spleen has started forming red blood cells.
Week 14 is a great time to buy your maternity wardrobe. Although there are a lot of cute outfits out there, you really only need a few essentials to begin building your wardrobe. Remember, you're only going to be wearing these clothes for the next six months. As you shop, make sure you pick up these essential items:
- A great pair of jeans that flatter you
- Black pants or khakis for wearing to the office any business casual event
- One nice dress in a neutral color like black
- A stretchy pregnancy band, such as Bella Band, to allow you to wear your regular pants longer
- Two or three tank tops for layering and hot summer days
- Several nice button down shirts or pretty tops for work and wearing with jeans
If you need help downloading the printable calendar, check out these helpful tips.
Now that you have a whole new wardrobe, you'll be able to experience the rest of your pregnancy in style. People will start to notice that you're expecting, and you'll receive lots of compliments on your "glowing" skin and cute baby bump in the weeks to come.