There are different ways to investigate and interpret moles on the face. In a health setting, moles (also called nevi) are evaluated to prevent and manage skin cancer. But there are other interpretive meanings of moles on the face that go back thousands of years in China.
The art of face reading provides information about a person's characteristics. According to The Chinese Art of Face Reading: Book of Moles, if you want to know about a person's reputation, nobleness, wealth, blessings, and longevity, look at their forehead, eyebrows, nose, mouth, ears, and chin. A mole in any of these facial areas offers insight into certain qualities.
The Meaning of Facial Moles
Thai people of Chinese descent call this type of facial fortune-telling "Ngao Heng." The practice is widespread enough in some cultures that medical experts report seeing parents who request that moles be removed from their children's faces for this reason.
Chinese face readers believe that where a mole is located on your face says something about you and that moles serve as reminders to be more vigilant about these aspects of your life.
Moles on the Forehead
In Chinese face reading a mole on the forehead says something about your parents, spouse, luck, career prospects, and thinking. It also denotes opportunities, intelligence, reasonableness, and foresightedness.
- A mole at the hairline suggests good luck. The deeper into the hairline it's hidden, the better.
- A mole in the center of the forehead suggests an overly sensitive person who probably had unfavorable relationships with their parents or spouse.
- A mole on the right at the center of the forehead indicates mental maturity, no shortage of material things, possible fame, and peaceful and happy later years.
Moles on the Eyebrows
A mole in the eyebrow area suggests that you should pay attention to your personal nature and temperament. It also denotes wisdom and individual behaviorism.
- A mole hidden in the eyebrow indicates that the person tends to study well, has higher education, is ambitious, decisive, and able to lead others. This person will also have good luck due to the presence of influential people in their life. A person with a mole here may also have a hidden talent.
- In the center of the forehead, a mole suggests that the person has a pessimistic attitude, worries, and is likely to encounter setbacks in their life.
- A mole above the brow arch indicates a sharp and creative mind.
- On the edge of an eyebrow, a mole denotes travel and a tendency toward domestic instability.
Moles on the Nose
Chinese astrology experts say that a mole on the nose draws attention to your self-esteem and social status.
- A mole on the bridge of the nose suggests the individual will constantly face health, marriage, and wealth problems.
- A mole on the tip of the nose indicates the person lives above their means, finds it hard to save money and will have personal financial losses.
- A mole on the sides of the nose suggests personal financial losses, especially if the person is about 50 years old.
Moles on the Chin
When face reading experts evaluate moles on the chin, they say that these facial marks draw attention to your tenacity, assertiveness, endurance, work ethic, properties, and wealth in general.
- A mole in the center of your chin just below the lips indicates a person who is very conservative in managing their finances. This person also likes to argue and debate.
- A mole in the center of the chin suggests the person will enjoy a stable life, good luck, and a prosperous family as they grow older.
- A mole at the bottom of the chin (right, left, or center) suggests fame and glory.
Moles on the Cheeks
Moles on the cheeks tell the story of a person's industriousness, power, and authority.
- A mole on the cheeks near the upper lip suggests the person is sentimental and always considerate of others.
- A mole on the round part of the cheek suggests a self-absorbed and self-centered person.
- On the left cheek, a mole indicates a person who is wasteful.
- On the right cheek, a mole denotes an increase in wealth.
- A mole located on your upper cheek near the outer edge of the eye denotes romanticism and a problematic love life.
Moles on the Ears
A mole on the ear is a blessing and reveals something about a person's talents.
- A mole on the right ear indicates the person is rational and analytical and may excel in science
- A mole on the left ear indicates the person is emotional and may excel in the humanities.
Are Facial Moles Lucky or Unlucky?
Chinese face readers believe that facial moles can be lucky or unlucky, depending not just on the mole's location but also on a mole's shape and color and the gender of the person.
- A round mole signifies the goodness in people.
- An oblong mole depicts a modest share of acquired wealth.
- An angular mole suggests that the individual has both positive and negative characteristics.
- A mole that's protruding, smooth, as well as dark and pure in color is considered good.
- A flat or concave mole that's dull or gray is considered bad.
A mole can mean something different for a woman than a man. Gender does make a difference.
How to Interpret Facial Mole Reading
Mole readers believe that moles have an influence on your personal, private, and professional life, as well as your health. If you're a believer in mole reading, you may be concerned.
However, those who practice this ancient art believe you can protect yourself from harm and that moles don't indicate an unchangeable destiny. Regardless of what your moles may say about you, you can control your future.